Sunday 31 January 2016

Plan and let live.

We've reached a terrifying phase of planning! It's the part where you're standing right on the edge of a cliff. You're about to pass the point of no-return, but you haven't quite passed it yet. I think for me that point of no-return will actually come when we have the trailer. 



At this phase of the process we have plans coming out of our ears. There are building plans, life plans, budgets and so on. Most recently however there are moving plans. We have been very lucky to find some wonderful folks here in Kelowna who are going to let us rent their suite and build in their yard. It's true! I didn't know people this awesome existed either but they're real! Now that we have a building site and a moving date the plans are really rolling along. 

Now comes packing and moving plans. Plans to buy a second vehicle because I won't be able to walk to work after the move. Plans to speak with the bank. Plans to officially put the order in for the trailer. Plans for producing more in depth building plans. 

I've made timelines, over and over. Chris and I are working on household and building budgets. Chris can attest, I'm trying to plan this sucker down to the last nail. And I'm painfully aware of the futility. He shakes his head and lets me scribble down dates and numbers like I can control things that way and make it a seamless easy process by worrying a lot in advance. In reality I'm aware that the worry will really come much later when I'm trying to get the walls up, or some other building related endeavor that I can't even fathom at this point. 

It's dawning on me, a little more every day that I can't control the whole process. I'm working on letting go and embracing that. Seriously, Chris. I am. 

We have one more month until we hopefully push ourselves over that cliff. Cross your fingers for us. 

Clearly I need to work on my relaxation.
Below are some of my favourite tiny home ways to relax. 

Built in hot tub!
From www.treehugger.com 

Rooftop patio!
from www.tinyhouseliving.com 

Tiny reading nook!
from pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about all your plans and I'm excited to see what's next, it's really interesting! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about all your plans and I'm excited to see what's next, it's really interesting! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete